Arslan Kapay uulu Koichiev
He took over his post as Deputy Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States in June 2022.
Birth Place / DateKyrgyz Republic, 1965
2002 - 2003 - Master of International and Comparative Legal Studies (SOAS, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, UK).
1997 - .PhD, History
TOPIC OF THE PhD THESIS: “Arabographic Documentary Sources on the history of foreign political relations of the Kyrgyz and Kyrgyzstan (XIX century)”.
1992 - 1995 - Postgraduate study, Kyrgyz State National University.
1986 - 1991 - Faculty of History, Kyrgyz State National University (graduatedwith honors).
LanguagesKyrgyz (native), English, Russian, Turkish, Kazakh, Uzbek (fluent).
Professional Background2021 (February) - present - Advisor to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2014 - 2019 - Director, member of the Board of Directors of InnoPac Holdings (Singapore).
2012 - 2021 - Director, Manas Resources LLC.
2012 - 2018 - Columnist for the newspaper “Kutbilim” (Ministry of Education of Kyrgyzstan).
1996 - 2011 - Producer, BBC World Service (London, UK).
1994 - 2003 - Political columnist for the newspaper “Kutbilim”. (Ministry of Education of Kyrgyzstan).
1994 (March) - 1996 (April) -Reporter of Radio “Azattyk” on Kyrgyzstan (RADIO FREE EUROPE/ RADIO LIBERTY, Munich/Prague).
1991-1992 - trainee researcher, lecturer. Faculty of History, KYRGYZ STATE UNIVERSITY.
State Councillor of the Civil Service of the Kyrgyz Republic
1. Member of the Union of Writers of the Kyrgyz Republic.
PARTICIPATION IN THE POLITICAL LIFE OF THE COUNTRY:
2. Member of the Eurasian Union of Writers.
3. Vice President, International Association “Kyrgyz Society of Historians”.
4. President of the society “Cultural heritage of Toktogul Satylganov”.
5. Member of the Democratic Movement of Kyrgyzstan (1990).
6. Activist of informal movements among students of KSU (1987-1991), supporter of the Ashar movement.
7. One of the first founding members of the Association of Young Historians of Kyrgyzstan (1988).
1) Arabographic documentary sources on the history of foreign relations of the
PUBLISHED ACADEMICAL WORKS:
Kyrgyz and Kyrgyzstan (late XVIII-XIX centuries) - Bishkek, 1997.
2) National-territorial delimitation in the Ferghana Valley (1924-1927) - Bishkek, 2001.
3) “ETHNO-TERRITORIAL CLAIMS IN THE FERGHANA VALLEY DURING THE PROCESS OF
NATIONAL DELIMITATION” - IN THE BOOK “CENTRAL ASIA IN TRANSITION”, 2003 (in English).
4) “CHANGES IN THE ETHNIC MAP OF THE POST-SOVIET CENTRAL ASIA” – CENTRAL ASIA MONITOR, 2000. 1. (IN ENGLISH).
AUTHOR OF THE FOLLOWING NOVELS:1) “Mismildirik” (“Bedeldegi kargysh”). (in Kyrgyz) -Bishkek, Biyiktik: 2009.
The novel has been translated into Turkish.
2) “Aita bar menin kebimdi” (in Kyrgyz). – 2013. The novel was awarded the
second place in the competition of writers of Kyrgyzstan for the “Archa” award.
3) “Bakshi menen Gengiz khan” (novel in Kyrgyz language) - Bishkek, Turar:
2016. The novel won the main prize in the competition of writers of
Kyrgyzstan for the “Archa” award.
4). “Dobul-Tashtyk Zaratustra angemesi”. – Ankara, 2021.
The novel has been published in Turkish.
5). Тагдыр жөнүндөгү ыр (Ара жолдо калган жоокердин окуясы) - Бишкек, 2021 (in Kyrgyz).
Winner of numerous literary awards, including the “Altyn Kalem” (Golden pen) award.
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
Honorary worker of Culture (Ministry of Culture of the Kyrgyz Republic)