Turkic Culture and Heritage Foundation
The Charter of the Foundation was adopted at the Bishkek Summit of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States (Turkic Council) in August 23, 2012.
The Turkic Culture and Heritage Foundation started its activities following the decision of Heads of States during the Astana Summit, which was held on 11 September 2015. The Charter of the Foundation was adopted at the Bishkek Summit on 23 August 2012. The Foundation’s Secretariat is located in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The objectives of the Foundation are to protect, study and promote the Turkic culture and heritage through support and funding activities, projects and programs. In order to achieve this aims, the Foundation planning to:
- provide funds for preserving, protecting, restoring and promoting the Turkic culture and heritage;
- assist in resolving scientific and technical issues with respect to protection, restoration and promotion of the Turkic culture and heritage;
- support the training of specialists in the field of protection, restoration and promotion of the Turkic culture and heritage;
- assist in organizing seminars, workshops, conferences, congresses and field studies, as well as exhibitions;
- provide aids in preparation of electronic and printed scientific periodicals and scientific publications;
- sponsor contests, festivals, tournaments etc;
- assist in reviving, supporting and developing traditional craftsmanship and applied art in the territories where the Turkic speaking peoples reside;
- provide assistance to the craftsmen, artists and other creative art workers in defending their intellectual property rights.
Several important international events, conferences, exhibitions and forums aimed at preserving and promoting the culture of Turkic speaking peoples and strengthening unity amongst its nations were organized since the establishment of the organisation with participation of high-level government officials. As a result of the Foundation’s growing number of partnerships in its member states and beyond, it already managed to sing Memorandum of Understandings with several international organisations and national institutions.